- Venues & Rentals
The Chubb Theatre
The 1304-seat Chubb Theatre presents a mix of touring Broadway shows, popular entertainers, international dance troupes, family shows and school enrichment performances. We welcome commercial and non-profit renters and offers competitive rental rates and works actively to promote your events.
Opened in 1927, the Capitol Theatre was a prime stop on the Vaudeville circuit. Later, the venue became Concord's premier movie house and concert hall.
The theater was revived in 1995 and then fully restored in 2003. During both projects, hundreds of volunteers contributed more than 5,000 hours to paint and restore the magnificent High-Hollywood, Egyptian-motif artwork that gives the theater its unique charm. Said The Boston Globe, "These volunteers have done something extraordinary on Main Street in Concord."
In addition to a diverse performance schedule, the Capitol Center for the Arts rents The Chubb Theatre for business meetings, presentations, wedding ceremonies, private parties, and a variety of other events.
Base rental: The greater of $1,500 or 10% of the gross box office/registration receipts.
Other costs: Extra costs typically include items such as cleaning, facilities manager, labor, and/or equipment. Please see Chubb Theatre Rental Rates sheet for a listing of other charges. We'll gladly provide a written estimate of charges upon request.
- Restoration cost: $7 million
- Number of Seats: 1,304
- Box Office: Full service for internet, telephone, fax and walk-up orders. All major credit cards accepted.
- Stage size: 39 feet, 7 inches wide by 25 feet deep by 25 feet high
- Fly loft: 65 feet.
- Auditorium size: 80 feet wide by 88 feet deep
- First floor: Common area for 20-25 people; 1 lavatory; 2 showers
- Stage floor: 2 dressing rooms, each with lavatory and shower
- Third floor: Sitting area for 10 people; 5 dressing rooms with sinks; 1 lavatory; 2 showers
For more detailed stage specifications and other information, download the CCA production kit.
For availability and additional rental information, contact
Steve Martin, Director of Production and Facilities
(603) 225-1111, ext. 107
(603) 225-1111, ext. 114
Fax (603) 224-3408