Box Office Staff Part-time
15-25 hours per week, $11 per hour
The Capitol Center for the Arts, New Hampshire’s premier performing arts center, seeks dedicated customer-service specialists to manage daily interactions with patrons, donors and business associates. Primary responsibility will be ticket sales, both in person and by telephone. The ideal candidate will understand and embody his or her role as the public face of the Capitol Center as an important community resource. He or she will exhibit knowledge of and passion for the performing arts, and the excellent communications skills required to create a positive customer experience at every level. This is a part-time hourly position.
- Provide quality customer service in the box office.
- Meaningfully engage patrons as they inquire about upcoming performances.
- Encourage patrons to become contributing members of the Capitol Center.
- Mailing, filing and other general office maintenance.
- Reconcile daily large volume of cash and credit card transactions.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and resolution skills.
- Able to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Able to work effectively in stressful situations.
- Able to perform basic math functions with speed and accuracy.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office software, including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Able to review, evaluate and prepare a variety of written/typed documents and materials.
- Able to communicate effectively on the telephone and in person.
- Able to work effectively and positively as part of a team.
- Able to exercise good judgment, courtesy and tact with staff and public.
- Able to present a clean neat appearance appropriate for public contact.
- Able to learn and operate a sophisticated computerized ticketing system.
Essential Physical Attributes
Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to lift up to 20 pounds, and to continuously stand or sit for an extended period of time.
Proven track record in customer service, with at least three years of work experience in a related field.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Please submit letter of interest, resume, and at least three references.
Job Type: Part-time