We are hiring! Please check out the two positions we have posted. The Capitol Center for the Arts is growing with a brand new venue beginning operations this June. We have openings in Production and Operations. Check out the job listings on the left side menu.
Food & Beverage Manager
Bank of New Hampshire Stage
Food and Beverage Manager
The Capitol Center for the Arts is happy to announce the position of Food and Beverage Manager at the new Bank of New Hampshire Stage in beautiful downtown Concord, NH. This new exciting venue is comprised of a theatre space that seats 300 and stands 450 as well as a bar/lounge that has a capacity of approximately 150. The venue will present a variety of live music, comedy, theatre, and broadcast (MET Opera in HD, National Theatre Live, Bolshoi Ballet) performances appealing to a diverse audience. It will also serve as a venue for community events, meeting space, and private functions. In addition to the full bar there is a kitchen/concession area equipped to expand our customer experience. This is a unique opportunity for an individual with the right skills to work with a team of talented individuals in Concord’s newest venue.
Essential Job Functions
– Supervise food and beverage operations during daily business hours
– Responsible for inventory and purchasing
– Working hands-on with required staff
– Adherence to all applicable food and beverage safety standards, rules, regulations and laws
– Maintain and develop menus
– Set up the bar area based on the types of shows being presented
– Maintain the cleanliness of all service areas
– Ensure that all equipment, furniture, and fixtures are kept in proper working order
– Hiring, training, and scheduling of part-time employees
– Prepare daily/weekly payroll reports
– Developing budgets and financial goals
– Manage POS system
– Maintain a professional environment at all times
– Provide professional leadership and direction to all employees
– Maximize productivity and employee morale
– Work to ensure customer satisfaction
– Monitor food quality and guest satisfaction
– One year experience in bar, restaurant or hospitality business
– ServSafe and T.I.P.S. certification
– Experience in working with food service vendors
– Experience in team building
– Strong communication skills
– Flexible work schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
– Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling and crouching
– Working knowledge of the performing arts a plus but not required
– Full time with a comprehensive benefit package
Expected Date of Hire
– May 19, 2019
$37,440 – $39,520
Please forward a cover letter, resume and three names of references to the Capitol Center for the Arts, 44 South Main Street, Concord, NH 03301 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Capitol Center for the Arts is currently accepting resumes for the position of Production/Event Manager. The Capitol Center currently employs two full time Production/Event Managers, a full time Front of House Manager, and a part time Event Booker in its production department. The upcoming position will be responsible for advancing and executing productions and events at the 1304 seat Chubb Theatre as well as two function spaces, the Governors Hall and Kimball House, and our brand new venue the Bank of New Hampshire Stage opening in June of this year. The new space will seat approximately 300 in its seated configuration and approximately 450 when configured for standing on the main floor and seating in the balcony. The Capitol Center presents a diverse selection of events each year including a variety of music, Broadway, opera, children’s theatre, symphonies, corporate, and community events.
The position is 12 -month full time with benefits and the anticipated start date is approximately May 19, 2019. The candidate must be self-motivated and possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Individual should be well versed in all the areas of theatrical production in a presenting house environment. It is preferred that the individual be proficient at operating a digital sound console and/or a digital lighting console. Hours vary and include nights and weekends. Candidate must be able to lift 50 pounds. Salary to be determined.
Send a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references to: Steven Martin, Director of Production and Facilities, 44 South Main Street, Concord, NH 03301 or e-mail submittals to email@example.com.